Every room is a stage to display your personality and creativity. There is no better way to tie the room’s creative elements together than with custom designed rugs. In fact, top designers often select the custom rug first using it as their palette to make subsequent decisions on fabrics and furniture.
A custom designed rug can also disguise a room’s design flaws. Bold patterns make a small room appear larger. Neutral or small patterns can add rhythm. Whatever your vision, custom rugs and carpeting are an essential component to consider. Choosing the area rug will transform your floor into a fifth wall. Take it a step further by placing matching rugs throughout your entire home, and your floors will become a gallery of beautiful design.
Custom Sized Rugs
- Custom area rugs define a room’s space. Aligning custom rugs with items such as fireplaces, unique angles, and bay windows highlights a room’s design features.
- Take note of the lines in your room to ensure a proper fit. Leave 6-12 inches between the rug’s edge and the wall if you wish to cover most of the floor.
- For living rooms, determine whether heavier furniture will sit on the rug. Avoid placing a group of pieces around smaller rugs. This creates a postage stamp effect.
- Rugs in the dining room should frame the table. Leaving a standard 36 inches from the table’s edge allows enough room to pull out the chairs easily.
- Avoid cold feet in the bedroom by measuring enough rug to step out of either side of the bed. In all rooms, make sure that the corner of your rug does not end up in a doorway.
Custom Designed Rugs – Life’s Rich Pattern
Floral, geometric, checked – the list goes on. Bordered or patterned carpets provide endless opportunities to personalize your room. The key to choosing a patterned carpet is being mindful of the room’s existing colors. When matching flooring to walls and furnishings, select one common color to create a proportionate look. If you are overwhelmed by the choices in patterns, look to your favorite things. Do you have a scarf, dress, painting, or piece of china that you love? Choose patterns and colors that you naturally gravitate to. Stay clear of bold patterns in cluttered interiors. This will only augment the disorder. To see how custom rugs can make a one of a kind area, visit our custom rug gallery.
Check out some ideas for Custom Rug styles listed below or visit our Custom Rug Gallery for a large range of rug design ideas from custom designed rugs we have made for various clients across the US.
We will send you a sample to make sure you are satisfied working with the colors and specifics ahead of the buying the custom made area rug.
At Rug Rats we are very proud of the custom-made rugs that we create. Our custom rugs are hand-crafted and completely customized.
Free quotes are available for all our specialized rugs—contact us today!
Send Rug Rats an e-mail get a personalized rug estimate plus much more information about how an area rug can improve your decor.